Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hello! 

My name is Michael Boyce. I am a 26 year old full time college student. As a veteran of the United States Navy, education is not only a hobby but also my job. As a teenager the military was a obligation that all of my close friends and I decided to embark on. On my adventures in the military I was stationed on CVN-75 USS. Harry S. Truman. I have never enjoyed anything in my life as much as I did while serving in the military. On board the ship I served as a communications electrician. The biggest perk of serving in the Navy is traveling overseas. After six years of service I decided to embark on a new voyage, civilian life. I originally attended GCC in 2005 after my graduation from High School. I decided to part ways with school due to my lack of motivation and care. Music and writing is a way of life. I would love to pursue a Creative Writing degree or Journalism but I'm nervous that finding a job would be a struggle. On my off time I enjoy a good book, working out, video games, writing, spending time with my girlfriend, and playing darts. 
After watching that darts video I hope you recognized my "Fad" hair back then. Honestly though I really love playing a good game of darts with friends but it is not even close to what those two dart players do. I'm currently attending GCC for an associates degree. I've considered transferring to a technical school for electronics after my initial degree. Until next time, Safe Adventures. 

3 comments:

  1. Good start. The visuals are interesting, connected, and engaging. Unfortunately, the link for the darts video is not working properly; it only takes the reader to an enlarged version of the "Welcome to Egypt" photo. Consider breaking up your texts into paragraphs or sections with subheadings so it is not one long block of words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I enjoyed reading your blog. I definitely understand you when you say that you would love to pursue a creative writing degree or one in Journalism but that you worry you would struggle to find a job. I feel the same way! I love to write and I have thought about pursuing a career in writing (editor of a major magazine or something) but there's too much competition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a ton of competition for high value writing jobs and I'm not sure if dedicating myself to that goal instead of something realistic with my background like Electronics. Prof. Murphy I will take all of your advice to heart on my next blog that I'm currently working on.

    ReplyDelete