Sunday, February 3, 2013

#1 Blog's Blog's Blog's

Blog's, Blog's, Blog's. It's ironic that I'm writing a blog talking about blogs. I am excited with this overall project for blogging. I really feel it's interesting to see people's characters come out in their blogs. As for my opinion on blogs? I love blogs. I love any chance that I can interest an audience to read what I'm writing. I read a lot of forums as well, so reading a blog isn't that far off from what I'm used to. I scrolled through many blogs trying to find ones that I enjoy outside of the normal sites that I scroll through. Even though I didn't enjoy every blog, I did learn different techniques and ideas from them. 


My favorite blog is http://www.billydblogs.wordpress.com/ 
Billy DeLap is a old friend from the Navy and I love reading his blog because everything he writes about he shows so much passion towards. He also shows a very pro-military and pro-gun outlook and I enjoy reading ideas that are very similar. My favorite article is titled "From the Military to the classroom." http://www.billydblogs.wordpress.com/2012/05/09/from-the-military-to-a-college-campus/#more-210 
I love this article because he really defines a huge problem with military members in college that just feel out of place and he really stresses the importance of having a Veteran's lounge. Due to my personal relationship with the writer I might find humor in things he writes more then other readers because I can picture the situation with him saying it. 

Another blog that I really enjoy is http://www.davedameshek.nfl.com/
I've always been a huge baseball and football fan even though Arizona teams have a tendency to be extremely depressing to watch. I love Dave's blog because he has a light sense of humor but still is very informative. He generally writes very well informed and long articles about what's going on around the NFL but he also posts little thoughts like this: http://www.davedameshek.nfl.com/2012/12/07/animals-too-loathsome-to-be-mascots/

Animals Too Loathsome To Be Mascots:
Rats
Worms
Cheetahs (sounds like ‘Cheaters’)
Cougars
Wasps
Vultures
Piranhas
Weasels 

When I have free time I love to sit down and a waste a few good hours on video games, because of that, I follow blogs and forums for game consoles and individual games. 
http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/          
This blog has very intelligent writers that are very well spoken, but I feel as if they try to maintain a blog on the entire world of games. I believe they need to look at something more specific. If they went to just one console or even one genre of gaming, they would be able to give more thorough information instead of the three minutes they spend on every article. I do like that a few of the writers have some liberties on how they write and can show their sense of humor. Another problem with this blog, is the site is very slow at loading, which can be extremely frustrating. 

Overall the experience of finding blogs was very interesting because of how certain authors delivered the information to the readers. Until next time, Safe adventures! 

2 comments:

  1. None of your URLs in this post are hyperlinked which should be corrected in future posts so that they are easily accessible for your reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out man. Good stuff, click the little chain link and add the url in there. You could highlight my name, click the link icon and add the url then my name would be the hyperlinked.

    ReplyDelete